What We Believe
A lot of people think that the Bible says if you’re good you go to heaven and if you’re bad you go to hell, but it doesn’t say that at all. The Bible says that we are all separated from God because of our sin, and that the wages of sin is death – but that God initiated a rescue plan. He became a man, Jesus Christ, lived a perfect, sinless life, and then died to pay for the sins of the world. All who put their trust in Jesus are fully accepted and forgiven by God, and receive his enteral life, which starts right now.
The Bible puts it like this: God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.
We believe the Bible – all of it. We would love to share the message of this amazing book with you, that you too might know God’s acceptance, forgiveness and healing through Jesus Christ.
Everything that we hold to, and teach, comes from the Bible. We believe in:
- The one true God who lives eternally in three persons—the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.
- The love, grace and sovereignty of God in creating, sustaining, ruling, redeeming and judging the world.
- The divine inspiration and supreme authority of the Bible, comprising the Old and New Testament Scriptures, which are the written Word of God. fully trustworthy for faith and conduct.
- The dignity of all people, made male and female in God’s image to love, be holy and care for creation, yet corrupted by sin, which incurs divine wrath and judgement.
- The incarnation of God’s eternal Son, the Lord Jesus Christ, born of the virgin Mary, truly divine and truly human, yet without sin.
- The atoning sacrifice of Christ on the cross: dying in our place, paying the price for our sin, defeating evil, and so reconciling us with God.
- The bodily resurrection of Christ, the first fruits of our resurrection; his ascension to the Father, and his reign and mediation as the only Saviour of the world.
- The justification of sinners solely by the grace of God through faith in Christ.
- The ministry of God the Holy Spirit, who leads us to repentance, unites us with Christ through new birth, empowers our discipleship and enables our witness.
- The Church, as the body of Christ both local and universal, the priesthood and baptism of believers, given life by the Spirit and endowed with the Spirit’s gifts to worship God and proclaim the gospel, promoting justice and love.
- The personal and visible return of Jesus Christ to fulfil the purposes of God, who will raise all people to judgement, bring eternal life to the those who trusted in Jesus as their saviour, and eternal condemnation to those who rejected him, and establish a new heaven and new earth.